View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #13
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

The X-Factor is an excellent choice for a first kayak or for a keeper kayak if the seating works for your back. Get a high-back seat for it and use a Thermarest seat pad for added comfort if needed. Super stable and tons of storage, but a slower paddler and can be a wet ride. Get a newer model with the built in livewell if you plan on fishing with live bait. I loved mine as a fishing platform but ultimately sold it because of the seating and the speed.

Don't let the tippiness keep you from the Kraken. It's tippy compared to get X-Factor but it's not that bad once you get used to it. The pro's definitely outweigh the con's.

There's nothing wrong with buying a starter kayak with plans on upgrading. That's a good way of figuring out what works for you. Just find a good deal on a newer model used kayak and resell within a year or so and you won't lose much money on the trading. With a bad back I'd opt for the better seat. Hobbie, Native, and Jackson all have models with nice elevated seating.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote