Thread: Fred Hall gouge
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #6
Robert

Fo Ho

Mark,
After last year I said "That's it!" Up until a few years ago the average guy could spend most of the day there and walk out with some swinging deals
on all kinds of tackle and have a good time. It doesn't seem like that any more to me. By the time they get you for parking and the admission you are already $20 in the hole. That is if you are going by yourself. Then there is all the fancy boats, RV'S, and trucks that the average guy could never afford. After that is all the resorts and outfitters. I guess if you were planning a vacation that might be useful. Although you could probably get the same information on their websites and save a lot of hassle. As for the deals on tackle... I can't comment on this year, because I didn't go. Last year there were very few deals. Most of the tackle for sale that I saw was a bunch of junk that the tackle dealers were trying to get rid of. The prices weren't anything to write home about either. I picked up a couple of lures that I probably could have got online for close to the same price. The food and drinks were a total ripoff. It seems to be geared more toward people with lots of $$$$$$$$ vs the average working guy with a family. In my opinion if I had to gouge the working people $7 for a beer just so I could make a little money, I wouldn't do it. That's why I don't go there anymore. Just my .02

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote