View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Joctane
H2Okie Fanatic

Question Electrical Wiring

So I am not electrically inclined by any means (nor fishing inclined either...haha), but I want to rig my X-factor with a bow and stern light as well as a bilge pump. I have a fish finder that runs off a 12V Battery. (I also have a separate 12 V battery inside the housing of my bait tank, which I don't need to have wired to the kayak.) Can anyone give me some advice on what I need to wire the bow and stern lights, as well as the fish finder and bilge pump. From each of the items, what do I need them to go to, then how can I setup an on and off switch for each? Is this even possble? Also, what type of wiring do I need to extend the current wires for my bilge pump? The guy at radio shack gave me speaker wire. I don't think that was correct so I just left the store. Any help and possible pic's or diagrams would be great. I'm just totally lost here. I've googled away at this and haven't found any easy explanation online. Thanks in advance!