Thread: Hobie warranty
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #10
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Hobie pro rates warranty beyond the initial 2 years. Pulling up may not have caused the crack but only revealed it. There should be the closed cell foam block wedged under that to keep the pressure spread out over a greater area. Tony should chime in on this one If you chose to get this welded the block placement would be crucial to keep it from cracking again.

Easy to submit a warranty claim, always happy to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
As tony mensioned and now iceman, the foam blocks were under the bottom of the mounts. I pushed them out of the way to take the pics so I could try and determine if I could repair the failure. I need to talk to someone who can help me with a direction forward.

Yes Andy I will chime in on this one.

Make sure that you take it ASAP to your nearest OEX hobie dealer to get the process started. Your local OEX dealer will run the serial # with Hobie and they will determine your options. Don't try to repair it because you shouldn't have to.

I have a suggestion for other PA owners, and that is to make sure that the foam blocks, especially the cylindrical foam blocks under the seat are in place. Those foam blocks are absolutely critical, without them this area is especially prone to failure.

Since they are easily knocked out of place, I just Velcro'd those sum bitches down!!! Now they stay in place and are easily removed if I ever have to remove them.