View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Lowrance FF Service & Support

For my last two fishing sessions, my Lowrance Elite-5 Chirp won't fully boot up. Sometimes I get as far as the title page, then it shuts off. Sometimes I get past the navigation warning that starts the FF and it works for about a minute before it shuts itself off again.

When I plug my battery in for a recharge, I get the green light right away, as if the battery is already fully charged. Since I can't get the FF to boot up and stay on, a fully charged battery makes sense. The battery is about 4 years old, so I don't know if the quick green light might be a "false positive" for a bad battery. I want to have my battery tested as well.

Lowrance already replaced my first Elite-5 Chirp promptly and free of charge. In that case, the screen went berserk. They sent me a label for sending it to a local service center in San Diego for diagnostics and repair or replace. I think it was in the Kearny Mesa industrial area just off Clairemont Mesa Bl & Convoy.

Does anyone know this address and company name? It might have been under the Navico name, but I can't remember for sure. I just remember that the shipping label for servicing/replacement was local.

I can't track this address down through the Lowrance or Navico websites. It may be an electronics contractor they use or it may be their own in-house service center not open to the public.

I am hoping to find someone who can run a quick diagnostics test on my FF to see if the problem I'm having is in the FF, or somewhere else (wiring, battery, transducer, ?, ...)

Any ideas?

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 06-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote