Thread: LJ 8/20 8/21
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 8/20 8/21

Tough weekend. Went north Sat, grabbed a greenie and a handful of sardines right past the reserve line, then started hunting. Sure enough, spot some swirls and the hunt is afoot. Called Chris on the radio to let him know they were around. Same as its been, just a slight "disturbance in the force" (as Ken would say) with maybe a fin. 4 times I spotted and casted on them and got bumped on the iron twice, but they are not really feeding. Bait did get tagged once during that time but no hookup. Flylined a sardine while drifting for but. Around 9:30, flyline goes off. Stuck good and the fight is on. Good grade of fish. 10min in, the leader breaks at the hook. Damn. That was it for the rest of the day. No bottom action, not even prehistoric.

Sunday went back out early hoping to find the morning run. Never saw em. Bait was very sparse, got one greenie that lasted the rest of the day. Lots of bones out deeper crashing anchovies, got a half dozen for bug bait. Went to the kelp but it was quiet and amateur (boat) hour. Almost got my line run over twice and decided I'd had enough. Disappointing weekend with gray and breezy conditions both days.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote