View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
dapHBCM
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
You could probably do the outback, leave a cooler pack a sandwich. Scale back. I believe the outback is 290 lbs.

The PA, gets more stable and capacity.

Demo one of each.
Thank you! I'll have to find someone local willing to let me test them out. Everywhere is sold out right now, but I've been trying other options with Andy @ OEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Don't push it. You will be working way harder when fully encumbered. It will not be as pleasant on the water. Let alone the safety issue it could present. Maybe switching to a bait tube might be a solution? Good luck.
Thank you! Feels like I'm missing something when Hobie makes a livewell that weighs 80lbs full - 25% of the outback's capacity. Guess I need to spend a little more time trying things out and researching - not opposed to going with something larger if needed, but hoping to be a little more flexible if possible.

Any recommendations or thoughts on how far under the listed capacity I should consider? I've seen 70% of capacity a couple places, but that seems way too low considering what a lot of guys are doing on smaller kayaks.
dapHBCM is offline   Reply With Quote