View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #11
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Macker View Post
Hey Chris. Good to meet you. Glad I could make a cameo appearance in the video. I was trying to scamper away so there was no chance of a tangle, but didn't realize you had that fish so close to your boat at that point.

Great video. Incredible the amount of speed generated and documented there. Towed out to sea by a hammerhead shark!!

So damn cool that you are releasing these fish. I released one as well on Saturday. Keep arm paddling!
Good to meet you as well Greg. Nice job on the release! Homeguards are made, not born(:

You were fine on the positioning. The only time you have to be careful is when somebody first hooks up and its up on the surface. Once it sounds, and im right over it, you can work circles around me and be ok as long as you don't let too much line out.

That's not to say people should just go in doing hot-laps around a guy who's hooked up... Only with permission! Come in at a distance, assess the situation, say "whats up", and do a wide circle giving plenty of room.

Shoot... i basically lurked your fish when i got my 2nd one. I was offering Greg a friendly OTW photo after he had just stuck a nice 20+# yt , and low and behold...
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote