View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
igotpron
Xcoastie

How many setups do you take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvarnold View Post
How are you storing the sabiki after using it if not on a sabiki rod? Just tossing it?

Ahh yes a very important piece of the puzzle. I got sick of the small sabikis that break off hooks. I started using either 40 or 50lb rigs with larger hook. I think the package says 1/0. Now this sabiki doesn’t break. You can drop straight into the kelp and rip it back out if you get snagged. And when I’m done I throw it in the hull. Wadded up. This sabiki doesn’t tangle and is easily resused. I throw it in the bait tank and rinse at when I return home and use again. Using a 4oz weight is a must to keep tangles down when you have multiple baits hooked up. The larger sabiki does a great job at weeding out all the fish you don’t want an strictly produces nice sized greenbacks. If there finicky I’ll tip with cut Mack or squid to entice the bait. Another reason I’ve been happy in switching to a heavy setup is sometimes I’ll tie up to the kelp and chum the the bait fish. While doing this I’ve caught yellowtail on my sabiki in the rod holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote