View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #41
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
If we had the same amount of interest and backing back in early 2009 we wouldn't be behind the 8-ball. I recall when we had the Bloodydecks sponsored caravan in the summer of 2009 to get the word out, it was embarrasing to see what little support we received from the local fisherman. Put the word out that there is a hot barrucuda bite at the horseshoe kelp and you have a carbon copy of what LJ looks like during a WSB bite. If we had the same amount of boats in the caravan that are out on the water during a barrucuda bite I can assure you we would have received some sort of news coverage. Regardless, I know the fight isn't over and it will go on for a long time.

What bothers me most is that we still have local fisherman out there that have no clue what the MLPA is or that closures are going into effect starting 2012. On Thursday 12/22/11 we actually talked to a local fisherman at the Cabrillo boat launch that had no clue what was going on. When we mentioned closures he said, "Yes, I know....no rockfish, no lingcod, no sheepheads....blah blah blah". We proceeded to tell him that we were not talking about seasonal closures, we were talking about permanent closures.

When he walked away I felt as if he was saying to himself that we're f-en nuts, how could a mexican, a pollock and a white guy who fish from a kayak know more about fishing then me and my two buddies who are fishing from a boat......end of rant.
Some say ignorance is "bliss", in this case, I say it's moronic and pitiful.
Come on people wake up, this is your passion we're talking about.
Well, at least it is ours.
Aaron&Julie