View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #12
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyota View Post
I went out of dana point and it was empty except some idiots dropping hoops in the center of the channel instead of keeping to the sides. Went outside the bay on scuba and only start hooping after commercial guys clean out all the legals outside the bay

Got 3 keepers on scuba and whiffed in a few more. Good start to the season

ALso at dana. Very quiet until 12 then the boaters showed. It was rough. seas rolling. surf banging. water had foam and was murky. Never caught so many eels in my life. nasty critters. 3 traps moved into the rocks, 1 stayed behind. First pull at 1225 yielded 2 bugs nada after that.

Fish and game checked in on me after "i almost died" retrieving a net in the rocks. He said he saw my heroic net rescue. He also asked for license and wanted to measure my bugs. He made me throw one back said it was "negligibly not legal". I shined the light between the carapace and gauge and there was no gap or vertical movement. He measured I measured, HIS CONTENTION was the gauge was sliding left to right and shouldn't do that.

Back to the ocean for the next guy's stoke. The Warden didn't give me a ticket. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get shot. So all is good.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote