View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:48 PM   #22
TCS

I have an adventure and have fished a lot with guys on revos and PAs. The adventure has two big advantages. First is how well it handles launch and landing in bigger surf. Particularly coming in. You can have a pretty big wall of whitewater come in behind you and you just drop your feet in the water. The pointed stern punches through the wave and with the extra length the wave goes right under you. Then you run behind the wave. On a revo you might be okay in this situation, on a PA, just make sure your stuff is secure and pray.

The other advantage is less effort expended per mile. The adventure just glides. Particularly when it's choppy, when the extra length and knifey outline cut through the chop rather than bouncing over it. Disadvantage? You're practically sitting in the water. Guys on PAs are high and dry, stand up to pee, have tons of room the carry stuff. I don't see many advantages of a revo over adventure.

One other thing. I load my yak on the roof of my tahoe. Pick up one end and lean it against the back pick up the other end and push it up. The length actually makes this easier. I don't think I could get a PA up there.

Hope this helps.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote