View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #9
SoCalEDC

The sand tires were ok for my outback. I didnt have the 2-30 cart, just the regular sand wheels, so maybe thats why. I just felt like they didnt do as good a job in deep sand as the c-tug cart.

The hobie cart stores nicely on the back of the OB and probably other hobies as well, but as others have mentioned, putting the kayak on the cart when you get back to the beach is a 2 person job unless you want to completely unload the kayak before using the cart which imo defeats the purpose. I found myself often just dragging the kayak accross the sand until i got to pavement and then pulling my truck up to that point and loading up because it was too difficult and I didnt want to dump all my gear trying to get the wheels on it.

IMO the c-tug is a better cart and the sandtrax (think tank tracks) are better than the balloon wheels in deep dry sand but its not as convenient to store while on the water because it takes up an entire hatch. The c-tug is easier to load by yourself, but its got its draw backs, because it doesnt utilize the scuppers you have to make sure you strap it at a good point of balance, (i.e. probably right where the hobie cart would plug in), and the strap gets sandy sometimes which annoys the sh*t out of me.

I thought OEX sold these carts but i couldnt find them on their shop online website. Maybe give Andy a call and see.

Otherwise they are listed here:
https://www.austinkayak.com/CTug-Kay...ACK20575P.html
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote