View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #14
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Hey Brian-man...all good. I was so busy trying to push down on my brotha Johnny, I meant no harm with my terminal tackle suggestion. Def not intended at you. Some of us go a ways back and enjoy hating on each other...as often as we can...

But those breakoffs are killer moments that haunt for a while. I'm still trying to find the best situation...I love a lighter rod and reel. But I'm loaded for bear on line size and terminal gear. And when a snag or seal jumps the hook...I'm just a dead man. On my last trip, I had seals burn off the braid on two reels. So now I've got to come up with a spool hold because my thumb skins were damaged, lol. Just can't get enough of the big bend...Jim
I didn't take any offense from your comment. It was good input as I am using 5+ yr old braid and leaving knots on from two trips prior (Again, I'm an idiot). These rod tubes on my PA are destroying my guides except my CalStar WC Deckhand (SS guides). I'm gonna get more of them or the Seeker Pinheads. I'm gonna stop using graphite and get all SS guides. As far as terminal goes, the lightest I usually use is #40. I will use #70 night fishing squid grounds or in WFO bites. I'm not into that whole, I landed a fish "this big" on #5 test. I like saying, "Cool, I landed three fish while you were doing that."