View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
I politely disagree. Anyone whom poaches knowingly and is prosecuted should be banned from ever obtaining a recreational license of any type in their lifetime.. If this were the case, and we all knew, do you think people would still Poach? Not nearly as many!!
A bit harsh in my opinion but I see where you are coming from. More severe penalties would be more of a deterrence for people. I think this was exemplified pretty well on decision for revocation of the commercial fishing license for 5 years of the Pacific Star back in February. Which IMO is pretty much a death sentence for a sport fishing operation.

I think this more of a sociological issue and question on whether people are capable of change. If a man commits a crime should he be robbed of his potential to do good in the future? Life is a learning experience and everyone makes mistakes. Most learn through their mistakes, so paying for yours for the rest of your life seems a bit severe and does not offer the opportunity to learn.

So assuming he has learned his lesson and is doing good for the fishing community, do you believe in second chances?

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.

Last edited by Denis_Ruso; 05-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote