Thread: new member
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
FreddoFly
Junior

New to Kayak Fishing Too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipino_angler View Post
hi everyone, new member here. i just want to get some tips and advice on how to fish on a kayak. i also want to learn the safety while kayak fishing. thank you in advance.
Hi and welcome!

I'm brand new here too in the forum and to kayak fishing as of late September 2016. To learn the ropes of kayak fishing, get out on the water. Learn what works for you. Every time I went out I learned something new. Where I wanted this, where I needed that. Take a notebook and make notes.

I learned a lot from YouTube but being gear nut, I wanted to start buying everything but didn't. Sure I did the milk crate thing (they're helpful) and even tweaked that a few times in the month or two I fished before it got too cold to go out here. I suggest a lot of YouTube videos to get ideas but "you" need to decide what works for "you!"

Get a life vest that's comfortable and get out on the water a lot. Note which side of the kayak you favor for landing fish. Get used to turning around to get at "stuff" behind you (as a newbie this sort of freaked me out but not a problem now). Get used to where you go to grab for the items you need while fishing. Just time out on the water will dictate learning your game!

Have fun and stay safe!

"Something's wrong... My kayak isn't under me!"

Last edited by FreddoFly; 03-15-2017 at 12:43 PM.
FreddoFly is offline   Reply With Quote