View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #16
JoeBeck

Bob,

Good write up and accurate. I think we were well represented by kayak and boat fishermen and I was happy to cede my time to clay.

Hunters Pa. It sounded like to me that they were trying to get the MPA reworded in the beginning of the meeting to allow sand replenishment. I actually had a good conversation about this with a lady representing Heel the Bay. She seemed opened to my thoughts because I told her this whole process angers me because they are targeting Recreational fishemen who have a small impact on the ocean environment and are people who care for it. That they are not targeting urban runoff, the damages of ocean front development that have created the need to replenish sand, dumping waist into our seas including cruise boats and poorly maintained city sewage lines..... on and on I went about other factors that effect the ocean and the fishing. I also let her know that this process has had a negative effect because it is dividing stewards of the environment into two groups having the fishermen dropping support for their organizations.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote