Thread: La Jolla 3/19
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

La Jolla 3/19

It was unexpected I told my wife i was going fishing...(i didn't tell her where)

Went to La Jolla launched around 3 pm for the first time made bait and caught a 14 inch calico bass, and a seal who took off with my mac and my 4/0 hooks. The seal started jumping up out of the water like 6 times before he tore the hooks out of my line. I also lost my sun glasses as i broke through the 4 ft surf.

After the sun went down it started getting real cold.
Then i received a phone call from my wife around 7pm and told me to bring dinner for the kids.(she didn't know I drove two hours away to go fish away from the storm) I told my wife I was way out in the water and should be home around 9:30pm... she got mad!! So i ended the cell phone conversation. The wind was blowing to the E so paddling back was easy.

I packed up all my expensive electronics into the milk crate along with my gaff, paddle, net, and gaff, and put the milk crate over my shoulder and my fishing rods on my other hand and headed toward the car while leaving the yak on sand. I then threw everything to the car and drove back to get my yak. ( it was still there... next time ill put my kayak wheels inside the kayak)
It was fun i drove back going 80 to 90mph back to los angeles. I had my kayak on my roof rack tied down with 6 ties and one going through the window. I didn't want my kayak flying off my roof. I left La Jolla at 745pm and i arrived back at home at 9:30pm. The gas i used was almost like $40 going back and forth.

When my wife took the car this morning she asked me where all the gas go? My wife just gassed up on Wednesday, and i told her not to put in the cheap fuel because it burns faster... LOL
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote