View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Halol
Devildoc1mardiv

Turners at FHS Del Mar

So I put away some cash for the FHS Delmar. With all the hype about deals at the Turner's booth, I went straight there. With about a grand in my pocket for new fishing gear I began browsing through there reel section. After seeing something that interests me (Diawa Sealines and Seagates, AB Revo SX). I patiently waited for a sales rep to sell me on the reels. There were about 4 Turner's staff members behind the glass. For a good minute or so I could not get any of there attention. They were all joking and story telling amongst each other. So I finally asked the closest sales rep. He was a heavier set dude. When I asked him for help he appeared to act as If I was bothering him. I simply stated "Hello, I am looking to buy a few reels today. May I take a look at your Diawas?" He replied with why not check out the AVETs all the blems are sold out but I have brand new ones?" I know he was swaying me to buy an AVET because of the AVET rep standing next to him. I said "no thank you and prefer to look at the Diawas. I fish off a kayak and dont want to spend the money on an AVET. The Diawas seem to treat the yakanglers right.". The guy even had the audacity to put me down by telling the AVET rep there "Can you believe this guy? He says Diawas are Better than AVETs" They all start chuckling. After a few short moments of awkwardness another customer walks up looking at AVETs. The sales rep walked away and forgot about me. Nevertheless I was unable to check out the Diawas.

I thought customer service was about making the customer feel comfortable and being courteous.

Since I could not give my business to Turner's I finally came upon H&M Landing Tackle Shop. Before I stepped foot into their booth I was greeted by the Seeker Rep and was introduced to the H&M staff. I mentioned what I was looking for. Picked up a new Sealine 40 SHA for 100 bucks
Also picked up a Seagate 30 for 120. Also picked up 2 Seeker Pinheads for 115 each.

Now that was the confidence in buying I was looking for.

Still wanted to get the Revo. Could not find it at any booth. Turner's was the only place I was able to locate the reel. I really didnt want to go back to Turner's. But I knew If I went home w/o it I would not be able to sleep...LOL. So I sucked it up and headed back to Turner's. Saw the same bunch of sales reps. The Fat guy said hey he's back to look at the Diawa's. WTF? Really? what a duece this guy is. So I decide to be smart ass-ish back. And said "What the hell is your problem. You cant see the 2 Diawa boxes (Sealine and Seagate)." in the clear(semi) H&M bag in my hand?" That finally got his attention. I almost just walked away and get my Revo at another date elsewhere. But, I really wanted this reel...LOL I was almost OCD about it. So I told the guy I want to check out the Revo. He pulled it out of the glass and handed it to me. Since I did my research on this reel for a while with no questions asked I decided to buy it. I also asked him about the discount for mentioning Bloodydecks. I got the same look from him and he responded with a drawn out breath then said "I dont know what that is." Really? This again? The dude was rude as fuck (excuse my language). Im about to spend 160 plus tax on a reel and he's still being a dick? I walked away with no confidence in my purchase. I almost didnt want it anymore.

I might be over reacting or just heated still, But....Turner's you just lost my business.

Halol is offline   Reply With Quote