Old 05-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #23
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
Weed and coconut water is all I need
2nd that especially fishing WSB. Coconut water is my secret hangover cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
However, this dude I follow on IG that fishes locally posted these things up..

http://www.omeals.com

Steam vented, self heating pre packaged meals.. Pretty cool.. Not sure if he is up on these boards so here is his pic OTW.. Hope this helps!
Now that looks like a great option for camping too. They are sending free samples out too, I ordered one and going to give it a try. If anyone's interested the shipping was 4$ and you pick your flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattamatta View Post
I haven't done it yet, but I've had this idea to start out the day by catching some (hopefully) big mackerel when making bait, fillet one then and there, and start it curing in salt/vinegar to make some fresh shime saba (cured mackerel sashimi). Should be just about ready by lunch time.

I actually brought a baggie full of salt and a bottle of rice vinegar last time I went out, but didn't end up trying it, even though I caught a solid mackerel (the only thing biting that day...)
Now that's an ordeal. I did once bring out a propane stove out and frying pan to make fish tacos out on the water one year. Didn't catch fish that day though. But I was just thinking that would be hilarious.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote