View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
FISH11

It wasn't me! I appreciate you coming clean. It was not me you were speaking with, but as a non Hobie owner, I have always wondered why no Hobie owner would ever say anything negative other the about the seat. There have been many times while launching at La Jolla that I've watched what the PA owners go through trying to get past the surf. I have to admit I chuckled cause it's like someone trying to go out in a Gondola. Standing up trying to paddle until they are deep enough to use the Mirage drive, and god know if a wave hits it off center to the bow, then watch out. Once under way I do admit they go pretty well and yes you can stand up. That is good for casting surface irons and if you have to pee. I have never spent any time watching them surf in, but I would think that might be a good time to sit there with my camera shooting some video. The thing that I see as a big negative is the ridiculous difference in price over all of the competition. That would include all the other brands that now make similar size Kayaks even with some type of pedal drive. The other is how much they weigh compared to others of the same size. The difference is not quality or strength. So thank you FULL-Rack for saying what the others won't. By the way this was not meant as some challenge to those who will be upset someone said something negative about their Hobie. Just my $.02