View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #17
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
I am in no way a pro, but In my opinion I think that your thinking way to much. You can take the same sized reel and have a different set up on it. I've read all of your posts and you know enough to just get out there and have some fun. If we can set up a time that's good for us both I'll head out with you. It's a blast and I'm positive that you won't have any problems.
Mike
Yeah I agree that the gears are turning. I made the mistake of letting my wife buy me the Stohlquist fishing life vest for a Christmas gift. As a result it sits under the tree until tomorrow. So I have been planning....To add salt to the wounds my 2008 Toyota Tundra wouldn't start yesterday. Had it towed to the dealer and found out that I have a faulty starter. Good thing I had an extended warranty as I would have paid $1300 out of pocket. I won't get the truck back until Thursday or Friday, so I will have some time to think some more.

For those of you thinking why so much on a starter replacement. The starter is under the exhaust manifold. The alternator, exhaust manifold, heat shield, serpentine belt, all have to be removed to get to the starter. The starter lists for $549, labor on top of that. Good think I bought the freakin warranty.
dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote