View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #44
dtownfan

here are some pics i took after following bob's ideas. thanks again bob! i used a 3 to 4 inch adapter that had a smooth surface (smooth surface where the cap slides on). the 4 inch cap slides on and off easily (just a little space around the cap.....i used a screw driver at lowes to make sure it would tighten down well without distorting the rubber cap and potentially causing leaks or other problems) and with a few cranks of the hose clamp she is/was very snug. there is tons of material on top of the rubber cap for screws or bolts. i used 2 stainless steel bolts with nylon nuts. getting the hummingbird tranny cable through took an extra pair of hands and a flat head screw driver. if you drill a hole for the cable wire and cut the X as bob stated (or a T....i went with a T cut to stay away from the bolts i used) , you can use the screw driver to push on one of the individual triangles and pop her threw. i also drilled a hole in the tranny mount to help the cable wire feed up through the rubber cap near the bolts without being bound or making extra GOOPING. when the cap is on the distance between the bottom of the tranny and the potential surface of the hull has to be an inch or less. again, i looked over bob's work carefully and used as many hints as i could. i have yet to GOOP her up.

I was wondering if anything needed to be done to the cap before GOOPING. like cleaning or roughin up the surface. never sanded this type of material before. any suggestions.

thanks for all the posts! they are VERY helpful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3497.jpg (74.7 KB, 584 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3503.jpg (66.5 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3507.jpg (84.0 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3508.jpg (66.1 KB, 573 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3511.jpg (64.8 KB, 575 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3514.jpg (58.7 KB, 576 views)
dtownfan is offline   Reply With Quote