View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
forefrazier

Buddha:

Just got back a few weeks ago. Some tips and tricks:

#1: Licenses: UT and AZ require a full license fee if you are going to be fishing in both sides of the Lake. 95% of the time you are in UT waters so like myself just be aware of your surroundings. I only purchased a UT license and was fine as I did not spend much time in AZ side.

#2. Striper! They were my main goal this trip along with Walleye (since I have never caught one). The water is VERY warm at this time of year and my "Striped Kind" came off shiny chrome lures in shadows (cooler water). I went straight lures since the frozen 'chovies are really tough to keep frozen when it is 95+ deg. out there. Don't really want to stay on the hook when soft. Successful lures for me where white/chrome Spinner Baits, Chrome Rat'L Trap's and good ol' Chrome Krocs! No sign of the Walleye for me...

#3: Green bass (Small and Largemouth) are frequent in coves, etc. Again, pick your favorite crankbait or spinner and have fun. Even got some on 'chovies with rocky structure nearby.

#4: Catfish..Bonus fishing after the day is done. Any set up will do with chovies, hot dogs, etc. Fun to do after a long day of fishing, camping, skiing, etc. once you are back at the houseboat. They like to come into the shallows at evening to feed of the human food that gets thrown off the boat after dinner! Just dont do what I did this trip and leave a G-Loomis rod with Curado 200 leaning against the back rail while you go back inside to get another beer! Oops...Kids saw it go right over the rail and it was gone instantly! Leash your shit!

Have fun and good luck..Steve

Last edited by forefrazier; 08-23-2013 at 02:45 PM.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote