View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #34
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

MB Sprinter

The short wheel base of the two options is long enough to slide my Outback kayak inside with ease. I think it's about 20' bumper to bumper. The extended chassis is a few feet longer if you want more cargo area for something bigger. Get a tow package if you want to pull a trailer. I wouldn't be without one. Available with windows as a crew cab or passenger van.

The 4x4 sits higher than the 2WD, so I may or may not choose the low roof configuration for myself. I'm adding a small shower and toilet, then re-registering from commercial van to a personal motorhome for lower yearly fees, lower insurance, and camping convenience. The toilet and shower I use in my Chevy Express van now are modular and portable, so there's no need for installation, tanks, etc.

I've driven trucks all my life prior to my current Chevy Express 3500 passenger van. I like the additional cargo space of a van. I like the convenience of locking everything inside rather than the more limited space available under a shell for a truck. I like the lower loading point through the back doors, compared to a truck.

This particular photo looks like it has dulies in the rear. That's overkill unless you plan on carrying a very heavy payload. I would choose single wheels with good all terrain tires.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 11-13-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote