View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Troy, you and John should be able to give it a shot at Lj in a few weeks. The weight of plastic puts me off the water now. And my wheeleze cart works great for PA's and Outbacks over 100 lbs so the composite yak at 60 will be a big savings in work for me. As to composits and epoxies, been there, done that.

With the health problems, YOU KNOW ME. Every day to it's fullest, as long as I can and as hard as possible. And this was not unexpected, just fine tunning for the next year or two. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Im sorry its coming down to this Bob. I hope you can sort out something. Id love to have a Steath. The Lodi trip is a pisser. CaboJohn and I have BSd about a roadie up there to demo but its Lodi. Not much surf there for a good test drive.

From my research/input w the Safas n Aussies, they are real fast Ferrari "skis" but that means they arent Cadillacs. You have to be a proactive paddler to
utilize their strength(s) coming and going. Theyre meant for a quick shot through the beach break, pull the rods out of the hull and go for a highspeed troll for a couple hours and back in. Good surfski/SOT hybrids. They are also as tempermental as a Ferrari. They arent near as rugged as the milk jugs we drag over rocks. Youll learn to lay glass/carbon sheets eventually. Even just dragging them over sand is more abrasive to the glass composite seams than sheer plastic. At Beluga for instance I drag plastic a lot there but glass/composite? I would overall lift more just carrying my glass baby to the waters edge and then back to camp vs the fully loaded plastic drag to the water.

All that said, I want one and so does John. Its an offshore trolling machine. If you have to go that direction I would love to paddle it but in the end I think plastic is net better for you.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote