View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #12
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
My friend KnottX and I were in the Bay all day on 8/30.

We started fishing the middle of the channel just East of Shelter Island, since there was no-one in it at 8:00A. We had decent spotty action, very random locations. Once all the boat traffic showed up, everything stopped.

At 12:00P, everything just shut down. Not even nibbles. It's like the Fish Union went to their lunch break and never came back.

We cruised around the bay dodging sailboats and trying different spots for the rest of the afternoon but all we could manage was a little stingray towards the end of the day.

A sail boat came too close and my line caught its keel. Out of instinct I lifted the rod to set the hook! It started taking line like nothing I have ever experienced before and it took me a second to realize what was happening. I grabbed my trusty knife and cut the line after it ran off with about 50-75 yards of PowerPro.

We also helped get a paddleboarder back on his board. Dude couldn't swim and wasn't wearing his PFD. We saw him because he was thrashing in the water and I thought, "that dude looks like he needs help". Sir Darwin would not have approved of my intervention.
He went paddleboarding without knowing how to swim and without a pfd in the bay. Sounds like a recipe for disaster or a funeral. Good on you for helping out or we may have seen this guy on the news. Good job on the spotties also. All that boat traffic can really shut down a good bite.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote