View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #8
jbl_91762

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTHunter View Post
Any of you out there have any experience with the larger lithium ion trolling motor batteries? I’ve been using a Minn Kota C30 motor for the pass few years with a 50AH lead acid battery with great results then switched over to a Bioenno LiFePO4 battery for a while. Went through three 40AH batteries and one of their 50AH battery’s before finally giving up and going back to my old trusty lead acid battery.

One thing I can say for Bioenno is the customer service was good. Each time a battery died they shipped out a replacement in a timely fashion. I also bought one of their 10 amp hour batteries for my fishfinder which has been working really well but for some reason there BMS was not holding up to my Minn Kota.
If the cost of LI batteries are not a problem then IMO why not keep using and save the weight. However Im a believer in the trusty lead acid myself and i have several laying around from my buggy/atvs/motorcycles etc so I can use those. Besides I only plan on using it on trips back in from fishing. I dont mind putting in the effort to get out there lol.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote