View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Denis_Ruso

I was looking at fishing Lake Cachuma a couple of months ago on a last minute trip. In my research I found the following:

"Cachuma Lake Given Maximum Protection from Invasive Species: Santa Barbara County Extends Vessel Quarantine to 30 Days.The County of Santa Barbara Community Services Department Parks Division has received Board of Supervisor’s approval to increase protection from aquatic invasive species at Cachuma Lake. Staff will be enforcing a 30 day vessel quarantine on all trailered vessels entering Cachuma Lake, which is an extension of the current 14 day quarantine period. A longer quarantine period provides additional protections against the invasive species. There are two exceptions to the new quarantine policy: 1) Vessels that already have a Cachuma Lake boat launch security tag will not have to be inspected, and 2) kayaks and canoes will be allowed to launch after passing the inspection program and power wash. With more stringent quarantine protocols the lake can continue recreational boating."

Just a heads up. I haven't fished Santa Barbara so hopefully someone else can help you out on that.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote