View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
NICKWORN

Wonder if that’s was you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbacee7 View Post
Quick report. Fishinmike and I went out today at about 0600. Was about 60 degrees out when we launched from The Shelter Island Yacht Basin. Water temp was nice, no breeze and the water like glass. Lots of yaks and small motor boats out. Small boats obviously hunting the Hali. Saw/heard of 2 legals caught.

Trolled all the way out two the Zuniga Jetty. Not one bite on my croc. Made it to the end. Smooth trip since there was little current. Fishinmike stayed north by the shoals. He caught a couple spotties. Spent a couple hours here. Couple bites and caught 2 large lizard fish. Went to fish the bait barge area and got a bite but nothing landed. As usual the breeze picked up about 10.

Headed into fish my spot. You know the spot you have that rarely lets you down. The spot you go to so you don’t get skunked. Because to me even catching 2 large lizard fish is getting skunked. My spot did not let me down. Had to shift from a 5 inch ghost shrimp rubber to a 3 inch grub. BANG. Small spottie followed by a 12 inch spottie followed by a Hali. Ended the day on that.

Would suggest motor oil green lures if you head out over the next 24-48 hours.

Fishinmike: 5 spotties and 1 Cuda
Bubbacee7: 2 spotties , 1 Hali, 2 Lizzies

Luck to you all.
Was that you two my buddy and I saw just east of Zuniga across from the bait barge and again over by shelter island launch?

We were in Ivory PA and Outbacks
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote