View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #21
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
With the other kayaks I had, I always built the Small Vittles Dog food container with the over the side pump, built in battery box, but using a drain tube instead of holes on the side for the drainage. I built 3 different ones and got great deals on the Tsunami 500 pump kit with aerator fittings and hose for about $43 at Walmart. In each case I only saved around $40 on each and it was the fun of doing it and trying different positions for pump or drains. But when I got a Hobbie Revo 13, I used 1 for a while and then having the $ I decided to buy the Hobie bait tank, it works great, just had to get some stainless screen material with the correct size opening and shove it in the intake hose,so as to not have a constant eel grass in the motor impeller problem every trip out to LJ. The only real pain I see is when I have to use the plug in wheelez the bait tank can't be in the right place and if you are using the tank's rod holder for your gear, it is extra work to get ready to launch. That is why I love being able to drive onto the sand at LJ.
It's funny, once you get a Hobie you want the good stuff

Btw Mark. I'm still jealous of you truck, rack and trailer set set up.