View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 08:27 PM   #8
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Damn dude, that sounds epic. Closest to turquoise light I've seen is the "green flash" on the boat coming back from the islands here. What you described sounds unreal! I know FL can get some amazing sunrises. One of the best I can remember was a sunrise from the beach in Miami. Was working an event there, got up early and leaked on the sand to watch the sunrise and it was the craziest mix of purple, pink and orange!
Florida has some great sunrises, but I do miss California's awesome winter month sunsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
They kept biting my jig, so I fished with one on the bottom for a little bit as a makeshift hamburger rig since I couldn't seem to get the jig to the bottom without a lizard or mac taking it!! Never thought of intentionally rigging a lizardfish though. Their jaws seem pretty light, so I imagine using a light hook up through the center of the nose would work best? Might be an option if I can't catch anything else!
I have taken a few Barracuda on the lizardfish, and a thin hook up through the nose from the upper half of the jaw is how I hooked on the baits.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote