View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #29
skrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONIGAN View Post
Do you really think that lifeguards, scientists etc are not aware of the Hammerhead population in our local waters? Of course they know and are being interviewed/quoted saying that warm waters as being the reason, not 1 mention of kayak fisherman. Once again, the DIRECT and SPECIFIC concern and told to be in person by the person that can shut the launch down is regarding our personal safety and those on the beach by dragging bleeding fish in our yak, that is it. A quote from the Sgt lifeguard in the article says "Sharks live in the oceans. The ocean is a wild environment and even here in San Diego the sharks are ever present."X
This story was a lot less fear-for-your-life but the damage has already been done. The media has already persuaded the public's perception of hammerheads by taking shark "sighting" footage and portraying it as an "aggresive shark attack". Every clip they show now just instills the fact that sharks are out there, "beware".

Now there is potential cause for closing the launch with every shark nark. That means cancelled kayak tours, kayak guided fishing trips, revenue that benefits our very own as well as money going into our city.

Quote:
As I mentioned in my other post the lifeguards are watching us from the tower when we come in, making sure we are not trailing hammers for everyone's safety.
Just what we need more big brother spying on us.

Quote:
Did everyone read about the kayak fisherman in Malibu who was targeting sharks and hooked a hammerhead that chomped his foot? Was that beach or launch shut down? Doesn't that area have way more MLPA influence? Was fishing suspended at all? Seems like a perfect opportunity to do so...
Apples to oranges. Malibu guy got bit away from the beach so no threat to shut down the launch. But remember the shark that chomped the idiot who was next to the pier? Fishing was banned for a good while. Anyway Malibu guy did own up to it in an interview saying it wasn't an attack and it was a mistake putting his feet in the water while the hammerhead was right there.

Quote:
I have read some posts and comments on this site/thread that I see as unnecessary fear regarding our LJ Launch. Are the hammerheads going to be around when cold water comes in 3 weeks? We are all together on how much we love our fishing adventures but I am not going to live in fear of environmentalist's and anti's... Video them, share your experiences and enjoy them until the next El Nino!

Out
It's El Nino. In 3 weeks the water will still be in the 70's. Hammerheads will still be here. Therefore the media will keep their ears open for guys like you willing to share their excitement for awesome and rare hammerheads. Fear? More like aware of the tactics the anti's are known to use. No doubt your footage has been saved on many a hard drive. Just a matter of time til it's edited and twisted to benefit the anti's agenda.