View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

MRC

"Fish and Game law violations are criminal and need to be treated as such"
Thanks Hasheim...You'll find no argument here...although I'm sure there's somebody out there that forgot to fill out his report card and was busted for something that simple...he may disagree...but that's what Judges are for!
FYI...Long Range skipper and commercial lobsterman Brian Kiohara spoke to the DFW MRC staff and two DFG Commissioners at the last Marine Resources Committee meeting in early November about the lack of follow through on the tickets and convictions of poachers...the District Attorneys were letting convicted poachers go with just a "slap on the hand" fine and often times with no gear confiscated.
These two convictions that Hasheim posted about were announced at that meeting by DFW Lieutenant Bob Puchinelli and it was a good topping to Brian statements...I think the two Commissioners heard it...but will they do anything about it this time?
The Lobster Advisory Committee had a few discussions about it with the Executive Director of the DFG Commission...but it was "out of the scope of our work"...and didn't really gain any traction. Bummer!
Coastal Conservation Association executive director Wayne Kotow also made the same type of statement at the last DFG Commission meeting in San Diego in mid December...this was recognized by the Western Outdoor News in this editorial.

Somehow the DA's and Judges need to be educated about the importance of our marine resources.
Is there a beating your head against the wall emoticon?

Here's some good news...CCA CAL added 70 new Members at last weeks seminars at Dana Landing due to Steve Pinard's generous offer of a $40 gift card for every $30 CCA membership...What a Win-Win deal that was.
I'll be at the wet Bay Bass Tourney on Saturday at Shelter Island at the CCA table if anyone wants to get some information about the Battle of the Bays Tournaments or CCA CAL. We'll be testing the I-Angler and TourneyX apps for the tournaments.

Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote