View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
taggermike

I have confidence in the Tady 45 and have caught most of my YT on this iron. Probobly because I throw it the most. I've had Salas 5X and 7X do well too. I like B/W and mist green. There are many ways to pick a jig that swims, but for YT I like one that will kick well at a fast retrieve. I find for calicos around kelp or boilers a bird shit or scrambled egg iron that kicks wide at slower retrieve works better. Maybe the slower retrieve keeps the jig near the structure longer. For cuda my go to is a fixed hook B/W or black/white Tady C. It may be sacrilege to light iron purists but I have had good success with smaller heavy irons on the surface. I like Iron man #3s and megabaits. The little heavies work better on windy days or when the bait is small. I've seen YT, and tuna, hit small fast moving chrome heavies when they are focussed on mirco baits or krill and ignore big slower light irons. Yo-Yos I like Salas 6X, Tady 9s, and Tady 4/0s in B/W, scrambled egg. Okay enough of my rambleing. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote