View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #179
Hobie-Pedaller
Fish On !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojmj View Post

Great idea for a post.
i agree !!

i first recreational kayaked (no fishing) in TX lakes on summer vacations in the late 1990's, while back visiting family.

i loved being on the water, but HATED "PADDLING" a yak with my arms. To me, it was just too much work & too slow speed, and so i always preferred riding the jet skis my sister also had back in TX.

then i test-drove my first fishing kayak, the Hobie Outback, in July 2003 at Fast Lane Sailing Center in Misn Bay.

and was immediately addicted to the pedal drive system, bought the yak that day, took to LaJolla the next day..... and then promptly rolled & dumped on my first ever launch attempt.

i had NO CLUE what i should be doing to correctly pilot a kayak period, let alone in the surf. but just kept at it, until i sort of learned.

by the time i found the kayak msg boards around late 2004, i was completely addicted to fishing from the Hobie Kayak with the pedal drive.... so choosing my username, was very simple for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post

driftwood.

It took me a whole year to learn how to land my kayak without flipping.
One afternoon, I flipped coming back from a long day of fishing.

I rolled down that big wave all the way to the sandy beach! A tourist saw me and said i looked like Driftwood washing up the beach.
probably the BEST "STORY" behind any username here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

"ICEMAN" HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE USERNAME EVER, from anyone since i first saw it on the original "PlasticNavy" & "LJKayakFishing" websites, back in 2004.

partly because the name is just flat out cool.

and partly because of the many great photoshop images & gif images IceMan has made for his various accts, on many of the common fishing websites.

HONORABLE MENTION: i haven't seen any posts by him in past few years, but "MAD SCIENTIST" was always my second favorite username on the message boards. pretty cool name as well.

Kayak Fishing is a DRUG.... and I'm addicted !!

Last edited by Hobie-Pedaller; 05-06-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Hobie-Pedaller is offline   Reply With Quote