View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #28
stevie951
Lurker

I signed, and wrote Takano, and Calvert not sure what much it will do But here is also a post I just put up on my personal facebook, just my two cents on it all.. After all, we are the ones who are the first to inform the community on laws changing within our industry/hobby?

"Hey guys, a few fishing friends, and myself are concerned about recent legislation put forth. California will vote Apr. 2nd, 2018 and will likely pass laws stating anything under 50 grams, or just under 2 ounces of lead will be illegal to hold on your persons while fishing. At this time there is no scientific evidence listed in the bill text, rather it's simply deeming the material as an immediate hazardous waste. I ask that you just take a look at what's here and sign the petition that will be presented to the Legislators next week; it will give more time for education to be introduced to the process, and also will allow more time for Mom N' Pop tackle shops to obtain needed materials to support the fishing industry. Thanks for reading "

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote