View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
dgax65
Guerro Grande

While I recognize that kayak anglers need to have our special requirements addressed in the MLPA process; I feel that it would be counterproductive to start the process by promoting positions that will exclude non-kayak anglers in certain areas. The kayak community is but a small portion of the overall fishing community. Alienating 95% of the fishing population with exclusionary proposals is not going to get our needs addressed. We need to go into this process with a united front; all anglers fighting for maximum access. I would only advocate a non-motorized reserve in La Jolla if it was the final alternative to a complete closure.

BTW: United Anglers has sent out some pamphlets to help identify the most frequently used/prime fishing grounds. This info will be used to create a listing of the "holy sites" that must be kept open. If you get one of these pamphlets in the mail, please fill it out and return it promptly. They might also be in local tackle stores and at the landings. I would strongly suggest that you join and support United Anglers and any other organization that is fighting for fishing access in State waters.