View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
madscientist

Congrats to all who played and had fun this year. The last two years, WCW has been the extra motivation that has pushed me out of bed on cold winter mornings, out on a little skiff with a mini yak, and down to Baja. I think Andy and Corey's vision of a tournament that raises the bar of what is possible for kayak fishing has been realized, and for me WCW will always be as much a celebration of our young sport as a competition.

I'm honored to have participated and competed with such a great bunch of anglers, and I owe a continuing debt of thanks to those that have helped me learn the ropes of west coast fishing. So I'd like to say a special thanks to Andy, Pat, Arne, Ken, Chris, Todd, and Adi for all the knowledge and camradarie :salut:. And I'd like to thank new friends Patrick and Tyler for many a good time and good info OTW. Watch out for these guys, WCW2007.

I usually leave the proselytizing to Adi , but I'd like to make one plug for WCW2007. I hope everyone that reads this board will consider joining and participating this year. With the support of Brent at OEX, there are many other ways to win and the kickoff tournament and invitational tournament will undoubtedly be great fun for all. In my mind, WCW is the premier kayak fishing event in the country and with all of our support it will continue to demonstrate that SoCal kayak anglers are among the best. Cheers, and good luck to all in WCW2007.