View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #11
FISH11

I have and like both. My Hobie Revo is great at being able to have hands free and maintaining forward movement against a strong current and wind. Terrible about constantly getting loose kelp caught on the fins or rudder. The rudder pisses me off the most when fly lining a mac at least a couple time a day the fishing line will get caught on the rudder and is a pain to get it off and it has very little usable storage space inside the kayak. My Malibu X Factor is much more stable in choppy water goes out the higher surf better and is more controllable when coming in through the surf. I have had to use both against the strong current and wind. If you paddle often then your arms are in shape, if you don't go out at least once a week then the arms will have a hard time doing it for 4-6 hours non-stop, that I think would be the same for a lot of guys and their legs. THERE IS NO KAYAK, that is all pros and no cons. It is still hard to justify a pedal kayak often costing twice as much, maybe 25%.