View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #111
GregAndrew

Like someone else already stated, because of his actions in this process, I regret having cast a vote in the direction of Arne. It appears, by all the recent evidence, that he intends for this to be a moot point for the next governor anyway. He wants this to be his legacy and will cram it down our throats before Dec. recess, and to hell with reason. I would love to see the judge that required the BRTF to show all their work halt the process until everyone had a chance to chew it over.

I would not want to hazard a guess as to which of the candidates for the next governor would better meet our expectations. Nor do I expect anyone to cast their vote solely based on their interpretation of the candidates stance on the MLPA (or their stance on Unions). There are too many other very important considerations for each and every one of us in this state today. You gotta pick the package that is best for you and eat a little vinegar with your sugar.

I hope, at the meeting, we can all keep our heads and be on topic so that the other side appears to be what they are. They are the fanatics, the instigators, the liars and the ones that prey on the ill informed and those that could care less.

The fact is that there will be an MLPA process unless the voters repeal the law. There will be reserves and conservation areas which, unfortunately, will close some peoples favorite spots. But, what was in the passed law is a far cry from what we are being presented in the all but final product. Complete areas of consideration (like flora, pollution, etc.), all highly related, have been swept under the rug from consideration. Not to mention all the above mentioned back room and chopping block dealings that have been going on throughout the process. Seems to me that this is the weakest link in the chain, and the point most easily attacked.