View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
I'm not trying to berate you or anything remotely resembling, so please don't take this question wrong or out of context.
After reading many other reports like this, catching a shark as a by catch or targeted always seems to be a possibility...doesn't anyone own/have/use a Dehooking appliance? In preparing for my offshore Kayak fishing I bought an 34" ARC Dehooker just in case (just the right length to keep them toothy critters at a safe distance ). I have a number of types for Fly Fishing Trout & jigging Bass and have had good success with them (not to mention all the hooks I've saved). They are a small enough profile that they don't take up any space and if you're out trying for a trifecta during the restricted fish season you can release a fish at length safely releasing fish without having to bring it aboard or handling and then continue to fish for and 'Butts if your so inclined.
The only reason I ask now is that so many members here practice C&R () and having read so many reports over the years then with the new year upon us with the , and "Butt season just around the corner (or just continuing for those who still continually a couple times a week ) I though this would be a good time to ask.
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote