View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #69
yakcrazy
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Sorry I did not respond sooner than this. The kayaks sold yesterday still had to meet quality control standards. All of the kayaks sold were seaworthy they just were not perfect. Don't let uneven plastic worry you, it had to meet specs to qualify as purely cosmetic. I use similar blems in my rental fleet and have never seen any issues resulting in uneven plastic. The sale was "as is" with 90 day warranty, with no returns. Reason being that if you had not bought the kayak someone else would have. Don't second guess your derision. We will make sure you are a happy customer. OEX Stands by these kayaks.
Hey Andy. Thanks for all the info.
I have heard nothing but good things about you and OEX. I am also 100% aware of the return policy on the blem yaks. I'm not requesting a refund or exchange or anything like that. I'm more concerned about whether or not it's safe and whether or not I should attack the problem now or later or whether it is even a problem or potential problem that's all.
"All of the kayaks sold were seaworthy they just were not perfect."
Does this mean I can still load it down completely and bash it through the surf and all? What do you think Andy? Potential concerns?
Is it something I should fix now?
Is the structural integrity compromised?
Do you think it's unsafe?
Will it sit lower and take on more water?
Do I just wait until I have a problem like a crack or something and then fix it?
If I do fix it how much money do you think I am looking at spending?
The other reasons for blems being determined as blems are far less complicated than this one is. Obviously you wouldn't care to fix a scratch now or put a graphic on that maybe wasn't there. But my issue is a little more trivial.

Thanks Andy!
yakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote