View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
Chief Gunner

I respect Marines and especially those that were awarded the MOH and the Coast Gurardsman too. Just don't forget that there are quite a few Sailors on that list too; Many of whom earned theirs right alongside Marines

Service Pride Aside; I always have my Icom IC-M34 in the PA, I also carry a cell in a waterproof Drycase. My Military taining instilled a love for "Redundantcy" and "Preparedness" in me that I will always carry with me.

I like my Solo trips at times but I like fishing with others as well. I was thinking about this out there last Friday night when I did a Solo excursion;

With all the Kayaks out at LJ and on the water these days, just imagine if a group of us got on the same channel (with alternates assigned so we don't get bummrushed by boaters) and fanned out as a "Pack" using some "Recon" tactics to locate fish.....all it would take is a bit of cooperation and coordination, I think there might be some fish catching potential in it for us

The Commercial Boats and Cattle Boats do it so I can't help but think how efective it might be for us Yakers who can fish the areas they can't.

Just a thought

Last edited by Chief Gunner; 09-19-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote