View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Awesome video as usual. I'm totally grabbing one of those tactical vest mounts for my gopro. that's pretty awesome.

A couple of questions for you- I'd like to understand the reverse dropper loop better...

I'd imagine the key benefit to a reverse dropper is convenience. Tie a hook, tie a spider hitch, and you're done, *and* if you're using a big mono topshot, you've got plenty of line to spare to keep cutting and retying rather than having to tie more

I've never tied one. Always done a 3 way rig, which is basically the same thing with a swivel where the spider hitch goes.

One thing I'm not crazy about with the three way rig is that I usually need to make one up the night before, and have a backup in case it breaks off.

Even with the swivel (I tend to use the ones like this ) I have a big issue with twisting. Sometimes I'll pull my bait up and there are 12-20 plus twists in the line and it's pulled the fish in tight to the weight line.

Is this a problem at all with a reverse dropper?

With both the 3 way swivel and knot for dropper loop setup one thing that helps is keep the tag end for your weight very short. And dropping it slow if there’s no current or wind. 4-5’ for tag end for hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote