View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #52
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
We did not try for halibut, but caught a lot of yellowtails as well as other fish.

I think the idea of harbor was to have the big boats come in and then go on land to Bahia the Los Angeles. A shortcut if you will from Pacific to Sea of Cortez.

Like you said the sand became an issue, but I heard it was from the sea washing into the harbor.
That was certainly the plan for the harbor. There seemed to be a real lack of planning on the project. First and foremost was marketing research. How many of these larger boats go by there in a months time and then how many of them would like to take a shortcut to the SOC. I would think that a very high percentage were just going to Cabo. They built and abandoned some state of the art infrastructure with cranes and hoists etc. Not to mention the road off from Highway 1. The widest road in Baja, maybe all of Mexico. I kept looking in my mirrors thinking a commercial airliner might be landing behind me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote