View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
Lipripper92592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyyak View Post
I selected the correct transducer in the list based on the tag and I have it mounted in the scupper hole made for the lowrance transducers. Most of the time the top half of the screen is just a bunch of clutter and then clears up, I never see any fish arches. I tried messing with every setting, ping, surface clarity, fishing mode, sensitivity and still can't seem to get it right.
Start with the factory default setting...then switch to manual mode. To vision what your FF is showing, start in shallow water, shallow and clear enough so you can see the bottom. Then compare the FF screen to what you are seeing below, adjust ping and "gain" (can't remember the tech name at the moment) to clear the screen with just a few blips on the screen, paddle over some kelp or rocks and check the screen, so you see the kelp/rocks, adjust resolution. See a bait ball on the surface, paddle over and adjust until the bait is shown as a ball or individual fish and the surrounding area is clear, or slightly "hazy".
It's a matter of practice and preference. It's hard to do, but sometimes you have to leave the rod at home and take a trip to just dial in the gear. That way you can focus on equipment setup, launching and landing. Once that is nailed down...bring out the arsenal.
Youtube has some pretty good video's as well.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote