View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
rhyak

Now for Clear Lake. Well Bass and cold fronts do no mix well. Windy conditions were there non stop. We arrived on the 23rd grabbed some minnows and headed out. This lake is loaded with docks and areas for bass to hang out at. Talking with people coming in the bass bite been tough since the wind picked up and rain the night before. We gave it a couple hours and then moved locations. Windy as can be and good washing machine out on the water. We decided are best bet was troll the shallows and hope for the best. We turned the corner and as Derrick came around the corner from the launch hooks a nice bass ended up being the only bass the three of us caught that was really even over 12 inches everything seemed small for us.

Biggest Bass

We are trolling and I feel a snap. I gimp back into the marina and we call it a day at 630.

We drive to the nearest town which is Ukiah and find a home depot and start looking for parts. Coulc not find hobie part in Home depot so we make it work.

Didnt hold well but the rebar gave me enough to get by.

The next morning we launch at the state park and I toss a dropshot gulp into the trees looking for crappie or bass and hook into a monster. Came in at 14lbs.

We peddle the 2.5 miles to Shag Rock and find no fish along the way or at it. Wind made fishing nearly impossible. We find another marina and tuck in and I set out a minnow on one rod and a piece of cut mackeral on the other. About an hour sitting there the mackeral rod starts pealing like and I reel in a 16lb Cat...

Biggest Cat of the Trip

That night we head to an area called the Keys which is just a maze and we set some mackeral and minnows out for cats and nothing wanted to play we fished it till midnight and called it a night.

The next morning was the day we had to head home, Clear Lake Bass beat us this time. We fished another 2 hours for nothing.

With close to 40hours on the plastic and 24hours of driving over the trip we put an effort in that is for sure. We all came away with some new best.

Both RyanI and myself got Personnal best Trout on the trip and Derrick got a new personnel best Bass.

We enjoyed the trip.

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote