View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
ctfphoto

Old Fashioned Lakeside BBQ Fish (Yellowtail)

Friday June 13th Full Moon. Perfect day at the Jewel. Caught my Personal Best Yellowtail at 33 pounds on a greenback at 10:30 am.

I decided to give away most of the fish to family and friends. In return, two of the recipients of my recent catch gave back recipes that I tried and will try. Here is the first of the two:

One thing I want to say about this recipe is it is for almost anyone, that is, it doesn't taste like fish. Even for fish eaters, you don't get that I'm tired of fish right now feeling even while eating an great fish recipe. The dish looks like BBQ ribs.

This recipe comes from Lakeside, ya know horses and cows. They like their Beef and BBQ and this is one awesome BBQ Fish Recipe. This very simple but super delicious recipe has been handed down through 4 generations of Laksidians.

Old Fashioned Lakeside BBQ Fish (Yellowtail)

Fresh Yellowtail fillet
Vine Ripe Tomatoes
White Onion
BBQ Sauce

I tried to addd more ingredients such as Lime and cilantro but my wife refused as it was her friend's family recipe. She finally agreed to salt and pepper, but I forgot it anyway, lol

Cut the fillet and stuff with white onions and tomatoes

Cover but don't drench the fillet
with your favorite BBQ sauce

Fire up the grill preferable with smoke chips
Cook in a foil boat, no need to flip.

Ready when flaky.

Sure this ain't no bbq ribs? ...

That's my wife's hand in the above dish. I couldn't even get a good photo of the food by itself as she nor I could stop eating this wonderfully smokey bbq flavored fish. It never made it to a plate, we just ate it all right there on the counter.

That's not a bone, it's a white onion.

Add Ice Cold Beer ....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I always cut every last scrap off the fish and smoke it. I have been experimenting with different sauces to bring variety to my cooking. Here are two new ones, both of which, taste fantastic:

Smoked Yellowtail topped with Apricot Jelly and Fresh (slightly cooked) Blueberries in Sauce

Spread Apricot Jelly on Freshly Smoked Yellowtail

Cook and mash a few Blue Berries with Lime juice and Sugar and a little corn starch. Cook in microwave and stir. And some berries and microwave longer and then stir. And more berries microwave until warm. Stir. Pour over Apricot covered Freshly Smoked Yellowtail.

………………………...

Smoked Yellowtail topped with Cilantro, Lime, Avocado Sauce

This is not guacamole as the flavor is more lime cilantroish.

Chop up a fair amount of cilantro and add to lime juice. Add a small amount of avocado and a dab of mayo and smash / mix up. Top Freshly Smoked Yellowtail. Garnish with fresh cilantro.

Tight Lines, Chris

Last edited by ctfphoto; 06-18-2014 at 05:25 PM.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote