Thread: It happens...
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #29
Fiskadoro

So the truth comes out....

"History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man."

It took a while but I did some research and have found out the devastating truth behind this seemingly innocuous disaster.

Months ago a lowly French cargo carrier in route to the US from China stopped at Hisanohama harbor and unloaded part of it's cargo: 300 tons of white rubber DEVO signature suits and color matched knockoff 3M respirators to a grateful crowd of "technicians" intent on saving the world, or at the very least stopping the recent growing trend of glow in the dark bikini swimwear that was then the latest craze on Eastern Japans beaches. To compensate for the loss of cargo weight they sucked up 300 tons of bilge water to stabilize the ship. During the next six months, the Piper Maru got lost in storm, found a ancient US aircraft from world war two, circumvented Hawaii three times, the Captain went blind and coarse hair grew on the first mates palms.

It was almost by chance they found their intended destination the beautiful arches of that Golden Gate Bridge as they crossed into San Francisco Bay where they unloaded the precious cargo of bootleg DVDs, and Dyneema line cleverly labeled as Power Pro Spectra. With new found hope and the help of a new GPS fishfinder combo they purchased at West Marine (with extended warranty) they snaked their way through the Bay, up the San Joaquin through the myriad of convoluted channels to the docks of Penny Newman Grain in Stockton California. Where the dumped their bilge water and took on a load of Red winter wheat, No2 Barley and White oats.

At that exact moment I was crossing the San Joaquin river in Stockton on the 5 headed for Ephemerisle, a "floating celebration of community, learning, art", where participants construct a floating city on the Sacramento River Delta and live on it for five days. Or more direct a huge hippie Boat party. I'm not a Hippie but I build boats, enjoy a cold 12 pack, and have no problems with watching Nubile 20 somethings swimming topless in lace underwear. They needed my help building, and needed my skiff to move materials and provide logistical support (beer runs) and I was in search of stripers and a good time.

I had no knowledge of the Piper Maru. All I knew was that the cheapest location for fuel in Stockton was the Arco on West Freemont directly across the river from Newman Grain. I purchased 30 gallons of fuel there. Filing my tank, my 2hp Honda, and a couple of 5 gallon poly fuel cans totally unaware that I'd taken on a ticking Japanese nuclear time bomb.

The event went great, the beer if not cold was still good, whiskey flowwed and the women were friendly, gorgeous, gregarious, forthcoming, and accommodating. It was unbelievably awesome in general.

45 days later I now know the hidden terror that lurked in the shadows behind the shiny lights and skimpy costumes. A veritable demon with the ability to change chemical compounds and increase decrepitude lurked in my various fuel systems.

Yes... I was wrong. We are not out of the range of Fukashima. I don't know the exact mechanism involved, perhaps the ARCO tanks absorbed some of that tainted bilge water from the river, perhaps trace airborne amounts made it into my tanks vent hole, but Fukashima got me.

Don't believe me? You say you need proof? BS without pics or extended peer reviewed evidence. Well my friends I HAVE JUST THE EVIDENCE YOU ARE ASKING FOR!!!!

Behold two beakers:

Now that's not a scene from Breaking Bad, that's two containers of fuel. The one on the left is 3 month old gas out of my R65 BMW that I need to make a new drive shaft for, and the one on the right is the 45 day old Fukashima contaminated Fuel I pulled out of my two month old 2hp Honda kicker. The fuel in my main tank tank doesn't look that bad as it's been diluted numerous times but it still had a unnatural nuclear orange yellow tint to it, and now has to be discarded. Like Roy Batty I'm now the victim of accelerated decrepitude of precious fluids do to a unnatural man made phenomena.

Out of MDR bravely fighting off a huge wave of viscous lizards in search of the legendary Santa Monica Bay Calamari my boats main source of power was usurped by tainted fuel, choked down to the point it would not fire, and my kicker, my lovely, little, ultra dependable, ultra light, 4stroke, low maintenance and trouble free Honda, would not even start to save US. Yes the sky is falling and like a mighty leviathan it landed on my boats head.

Call me Ishmael.... I alone survived to tell the tale.

Let this sad tale be a lesson to all intrepid anglers and seafarers alike. No one is out of the long reach of Fukushima!!!!

"Oh, no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla
Oh, no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Fukushima"

History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man
Fukushima!

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 09-05-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote